That 70's Show Spanking References
Posted by Drifter 
That 70's Show Spanking References
June 21, 2010 06:07PM
Greetings spanking-fans. As can be seen throughout these message boards, spanking references are slowly but sure becoming more commonplace within mainstream sitcoms. Shows like 'Two and a Half Men', 'Community', 'Scrubs', 'Romantically Challenged', etc are increasingly making reference to this kink of ours.

As such, I wanted to draw attention to the popular sitcom 'That 70's Show' that made quite a few sly references to sexualized spanking throughout the course of its run. Whilst none of these were explicit spankings onscreen, they're nonetheless tantalizing references as characters played by the good-looking actresses Laura Prepon (Donna) and Mila Kunis (Jackie) were the proposed spankees.

--------------------------------

Season 4 - Episode 14 - 'Tornado Prom'

During the prom, the teens are trapped in their high-school due to an impending tornado. Jackie has an exchange with the principal when she finds out she's the runner-up for prom queen:

JACKIE: Wait, runner-up? (pokes him) How could that be? (pokes him) There's been a mistake! It was fixed! (pokes him)

PRINCIPAL: You poke me one more time, I'm gonna paddle you.

KELSO: That'd be hot (Jackie pokes him)

Season 5 - Episode 2 - 'I Can't Quit You Babe'

Eric Forman and his girlfriend Donna are in trouble after she runs off to California and he heads there to bring her back. To keep them apart, Donna's Dad sends her to the Catholic School 'Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow'. Throughout the episode, there are frequent references to the fetishism behind schoolgirl outfits as the boys are tantalized by Donna's catholic schoolgirl outfit. Upon her return from school the following exchange occurs:

ERIC: How was your first day?

DONNA: Grim. This nun totally spanked me with a ruler.

FEZ: (Stops with Kelso, both looking excited) Yet another reason I wish I was a ruler.

Later in the episode Eric and Donna commiserate

DONNA: (Wraps her arms around Eric's waist.) You're a good boyfriend.

ERIC: You're a good boyfriend, who?

DONNA: (Pulls away.) I'm not callin' you Principal Forman. (Walks home.)

ERIC: Don't make me get the ruler, young lady. (Follows her.)

Season 5 - Episode 13 - 'Your Time Is Gonna...'

A girl named Annette (played by Jessica Simpson) arrives in town and is courting Kelso. Jackie (Kelso's ex-boyfriend) is jealous of Annette and the gang also does not enjoy Annette's presence. Sitting in a cafe they discuss how to teach her lesson. Eric proposes a 'lesson' that is sexually-tinged due to Annette's good looks.

ERIC: Here’s what I think would really teach her a lesson: dress her up like a Swiss mountain girl, us fellas’ll come over, we’ll make some daiquiris, get a little tipsy, see what happens. (OFF DONNA) You’re right that’s not a good punishment. We should spank her too. (OFF DONNA) I love you.

Season 6 - Episode 20 - 'Squeezebox'

Eric and Donna have decided to try out abstinence leading up to some impending nuptials. However whilst at the movie theatre, they find themselves both having trouble concentrating on the serious plot of the movie and their minds wander to amorous places:

DONNA: (thinking): What is wrong with me? A boy's gonna lose his mother, and all I can think about is fooling around. I am such a dirty girl... I should be spanked (realizes her suggestion of chastisement is inherently sexual)... Ooh, stop it!

There are potentially more spanking references within the show, but those are some that stuck out whilst watching. During the 70s, spanking was something more expected in high-schools etc, so it was funny to see the writers take this fact and get a few kinky jokes out of it!
avatar Re: That 70's Show Spanking References
June 22, 2010 06:51PM
great post!

I'll see what I can do!
June 23, 2010 07:13PM
I have confirmed the reported scenes and found one more.

I expect to post a clip on Sunday - with a very special surprise, too smiling smiley
Re: That 70's Show Spanking References
June 23, 2010 07:31PM
Thank you very much, Chross. As always your diligence in compiling and sharing these sort of scenes is a generous service to our community. Like the rest of your many fans I certainly appreciate your dedication. I look forward to Sunday's post!
June 27, 2010 04:18AM
I've heard of the show, but don't watch sitcoms so I hadn't seen any of these - thanks for sharing, and I'll watch out for Chross's clip. I really just wanted to let you younger guys know that in high school in the 70's, it really was fairly common for guys to spank their girlfriends. I'm not saying the girls liked it - I remember one girl complaining "How come guys always want to spank you?" (i.e., when you're a girl) - but by and large, they accepted it as a natural occurrence.

Now before you start to grumble that we really had it made "back in the old days", I should add that I only remember witnessing one such spanking (that I wasn't giving). And remember, we had to wear those goofy-looking threads - the 70's really were an era of bad taste in fashion.
June 27, 2010 10:20AM
Thank you, Chross, for the excellent and professionally-produced 70's Show spanking compilation! And the digital spanking fake by Mister Hyde was a delicious added bonus. It looks like he went as far as using Eric Forman's basement as the background scene in the image, which is a nice touch as the characters got into a lot of misbehavior down there. Very nice contribution smiling smiley

OTKUGO66: thank you for the intriguing recollections. I myself missed out on growing up in the 70's so hearing your first-hand experience is interesting indeed smiling smiley
July 16, 2010 08:06AM
Couldn't find a separate references thread, but

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

There was a nice little reference a few years ago, where Ted wants to have a threesome with these two hotties, and Lily realizes one of them (the blond, voluptuous one) snatched some boots she had picked out from her at a sale. She says 'a shoe thief should be punished, nor rewarded', and Ted then promises to 'work in a little spanking' or something to that effect.
Nothing more about that, but the potential spankee was Busy Philipps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login