Comic book spankings
Posted by lilmissnaughty 
Li'l Abner Spanking
January 26, 2009 02:00AM
Posted on my spanking blog, Tan Her Hide, is a spanking in the li'l Abner comic strip
Re: Comic book spankings
January 26, 2009 03:24AM
Hiya, Jules!

Never saw Beryl, but in the American funnypapers, there was a similar character called "Li'l Iodine" by cartoonist Jimmy Hatlo. My sister got the comic books featuring "L'il Dot," "L'il Audrey," "L'il Jinx," and other "L'il Girls" who often got their li'l panty seats warmed.

Now, while that sparked my interest (HA! Everyone here read that as "spanked" at first, HUH!), even better were teenaged or adult female characters who wound up over the knee. Every now and then my beloved superhero comics came through; Lois Lane wound up with Superman Robot handprints on her bottom, and some bratty movie star got on the front page while Batman was spanking her, Turns out, in the 40's, several women got superspanked in the Superman newspaper strip. but I had missed that.

I kept waiting for Betty and Veronica to get upturned, but I never saw it happen. (Not then.) So, with inherited American Ingenuity, I got some tracing paper, and scouring all the Archie comics, found images I could turn into spankin' 'toons! A spankee properly positioned wasn't very hard to find, but getting a fella the same size whose lap she would fit over was more difficult. Oh, You Kids, with your Internet and Photoshop and other Image Manipulating Programs, you don't know how easy you've got it! Why, when *I* was a boy~! Kaff, kaff, wheeeze!

Wolfie
January 26, 2009 08:14AM
Hiya Wolfie, yep superman spanks a lot in comics, and so does batman, I would rather be spanked by batman though superman has super strength! lol "OUCH!
January 26, 2009 09:31AM
lilmissnaughty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Hiya Wolfie, yep superman spanks a lot in comics,
> and so does batman, I would rather be spanked by
> batman though superman has super strength! lol
> "OUCH!

winking smiley Funny you should say that, Jules! In the early 60's, several (presumably) young readers of the "Lois Lane" comic wrote to the editor demanding to see Superman spank Lois for all the grief she gave him. The editorial replies were things like, "How could we show her other adventures when she wouldn't be able to sit down for two months?" and "One swat would knock her through the Time Barrier!"

Now, if little cousin Kara (Supergirl) needed spanking, no one else could do the job on her superbottom!

What's that? Why, yes, I have done a few versions of that! Thanks for asking! Here are two:

January 26, 2009 11:17AM
Not to pig-hog the thread, but since I have Photobucket open--

There was a comic popular in Mexico and South America in the 40's, 50's, and beyond called "Memín Pinguín," the picaresque adventures of a little Cuban-Mexican boy. Now, his crude cartoon features look more than a little stereotypically racist these days, but I'm told the authors and artists in no way meant to "dis" their hero. Anyway, in one episode, his costars were "Bernardo" and "Chispitas"--

I'll try to give a rough, colloquial translation here, and won't be the least bit offended if any of you who are truly bilingual offer improvements!

Bernardo had decided to give this little spitfire the due of all little spitfires: "Seizing Chispitas as if she were a ragdoll, the boy forces her over-- and begins the punishment!" (She cries something typically Spankee like, "HEY, LEGGO!!"

"She tries to break free of his iron arms, but cannot!" Then he tells her, "Those dozen swats ought to straighten things up between us!" She replies by calling him names: "Idiot! Crab! Mastadon!"

"Bernardo starts to leave, with Chispitas beside herself with rage!" "Without thinking of the consequences, she grabs a plate and hurls it at Bernardo!" (Um, you got the sound effect in the next panel yourself, right?)

Bernie cries, "You're THAT wild? I think you need a repeat dose!" Her Bratty Reply: "Stay away, I haven't done anything!" "The noise they're making awakens Memín." (Now I have a little trouble here, I suspect they're giving him a funny dialect, but the gist is he asks his Guardian Angel, "What th' heck's goin' on?" )

Not getting an answer, he "scratches his bald head," wondering if he could sleep in peace if he were an animal in its den, far away. Then, 'What's making all that noise down there? Maybe a hungry little coyote?"

"Overcoming his fear, he climbs downstairs with big, wide eyes. His eyes are as big as saucers, but he still can't believe what they're seeing!" "Bernardo is flattening out Chispita's curves!"

I LOVE that! By the way, "¡Zúmbale!" seems to have been Memîn's favorite exclamation of surprise, like Captain Marvel's "Holy Moley!" or Popeye's "Well blow me down!"

If anyone has the author, artist, or any further information on these three pages, the information would be greatly appreciated!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 09:55PM by Dave Wolfe.
January 26, 2009 12:32PM
Okay, ONE more, and I'll stop. For a while.

For those of you-- and there would be very few-- who have never seen this image, and for any-- probably even fewer-- curious as to its context-- a little lowdown on the Lois Lane spanking mentioned several times already.

It happened in DC's "Superman's Girlfriend, LOIS LANE," Number 14, cover date January 1960. The story was "Three Nights In The Fortress Of Solitude," by two comics greats, writer Otto Binder (rhymes with "cinder" ) and artist Kurt Schaffenberger. ("I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Schaffenberger today." Oh, sorry, wrong comic.)

Superman takes reporter Lois to the Fortress of Solitude for a story on its wonders. Once there, she "accidentally" exposes herself to a deadly ray that forces her to stay in the Fortress for three days. Otherwise, stepping into sunlight will disintegrate her! She has secretly done this to remove Superman's objection that she would become a target of his enemies if they were to wed, with no safe place for her to live

Her first night there, she "dons Kryptonian nightwear" (pretty conservative nightgown by scifi standards-- dang Comics Code Authority!) and settles down on what turns out to be a "Kryptonian Floating Bed." Something wonky happens with the ventillation--

And, Boy oh Boy oh Boy oh Boy!

Well, she's sure nothing ELSE will happen there-- but several somethings DO, to the point that she is DELIGHTED to leave the Fortress and its various dangers and weird alien pets and everything else at the end of the three days.

At which point, with Lois wrapped protectively against the frigid Arctic air in his indestructable cape, SuperExpositionMan's thought balloons explain what has happened. He's not the world's greatest detective, that's Batman, but something seemed "off"-- so he uses his Super Voyeur Vision--

And so he proceeded to engineer all the mishaps and near-mishaps. Happy ending-- he escaped blackmail wedlock and saved Lois's life at the same time.

And, look at that, he's grinning at that rear-view spankin' just like the REST of us. But if you think he might have tuned his X-ray vision in better for a peek at her red, red bottom-- Gasp! Shame, shame! This is SUPERMAN! Honestly! Now, SuperWolfie, that would have been different. Which reminds me of an Overbarrel Poser cartoon by Phil, but that's a different post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 12:40PM by Dave Wolfe.
January 26, 2009 01:42PM
Great pictures and commentary. Thanks Wolfie for dropping by, and feel free to do so often, and post as much as you like!

Karl Friedrich Gauss
January 26, 2009 03:46PM
Great stuff, Dave! I love those Hispanic insults: "Idiot! Crab! Mastodon!" So much more creative than the usual boring old "Asshole!" and the like. I love, too, the way Chispitas is drawn, with one of those luscious round Latina bottoms that just beg to be spanked.

From their films as well as their comics, I get the impression that Mexico has quite a well-developed spanko culture. Here's the poster for a Mexican release of that classic spankophile movie, Kiss Me Kate:

A bit deceptive, of course - we don't get to see nearly as much of Kathryn Grayson's rearward curves in the movie spanking, more's the pity. Though I did see a stage production here in London a few years ago where Kate/Lily got spanked on the seat of her panties. Very nice it was too.
January 26, 2009 06:35PM
Great posts Wolfie I love your superman cartoons, and I loved reading your commentary!
January 26, 2009 08:35PM
Thanks, Karl! Uh, you sure you wanna give me carte blanche like that? winking smiley (Bugs Bunny voice) He don't know me very well, do he? :-D

Yep, Phil, I, too, have noticed the joy of spanking that shows up in Latin culture, and I've always loved that version of the MGM poster! Y'know, there is a pic from some recent production of "Kiss Me Kate" floating around the web in which Miss Vanessi is spanked on stage wearing red pantytights for real! Which makes perfect sense, because this is a play-within-a-play, and she very likely would have been wearing these under her costume! Anyway, it may be my favorite of all KMK pictures:

If I find out the who, what, where, and when of that production, I'll fill in the details! Meanwhile I'll be humming Cole Porter all afternoon!

Thanks, Jules, you're a doll! (Maybe one over a Teddy Bear's lap?) winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 09:33PM by Dave Wolfe.
January 26, 2009 08:42PM
Dave,

As I always say, "nothing exceeds like excess!". So post away!

Karl Friedrich Gauss
January 26, 2009 08:46PM
Dave,

Regarding that KMK production. I saw that too somewhere and thought the young lady in question was undoubtedly "well cast", shall we say. She's a red-head and the red panties do suit her -- I think they signify a red bottom, in a theatrical sort of shorthand way. Maybe someday there'll be a KMK production with a real red bottom. Now wouldn't that be something!

Karl Friedrich Gauss
January 26, 2009 08:56PM
Men. I have come to the conclusion that even non spanko men, like to see women getting spanked. It's like seeing two women doing the deed. Men like to see it.

With this thought, I think that producers and casting directors of plays with women who get spanked in them, the men pick women who they'd like to see getting a spanking. So women we all would like to spank get the parts playing the characters in plays who get spanked.
January 26, 2009 09:29PM
PaulH666 Wrote:
> I think that producers and
> casting directors of plays with women who get
> spanked in them, the men pick women who they'd
> like to see getting a spanking. So women we all
> would like to spank get the parts playing the
> characters in plays who get spanked.

:-D Entertainingly said, Paul! Couldn'ta done better myself!

(By the way, on the bases, Who's on First, What's on Second, I-Don't-Know's playin' Third...)

And, yep, Karl, a real red-bottomed Kate would be something indeed!

I was always disappointed that the version of "The Taming Of the Shrew" Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor filmed did NOT have a spankin'! (Muttering) Rotten rabberscrabber frackstrabblin movie director...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 09:36PM by Dave Wolfe.
January 26, 2009 09:46PM
lol Wolfie, why is it when a girl wears red panties, the guy always wants to match her bottom to the same color red?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 09:46PM by lilmissnaughty.
January 26, 2009 09:52PM
lilmissnaughty Wrote:
> lol Wolfie, why is it when a girl wears red
> panties, the guy always wants to match her bottom
> to the same color red?

Well, Jules, quoting Christopher Reeve in the first "Superman" movie: "I like pink very much, Lois."
January 26, 2009 10:34PM
lilmissnaughty Wrote:
> lol Wolfie, why is it when a girl wears red
> panties, the guy always wants to match her bottom
> to the same color red?

Or putting it the other way, Jules - why is it when a girl knows she's due to get spanked, she often as not wears red panties so as to provide a good colour match?
January 26, 2009 11:00PM
lol I know its like waving a red flag to a bull, and the answer to that Phil is because we can! grinning smiley

This is one of my favorite batman pics smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 11:51PM by lilmissnaughty.
January 27, 2009 08:36AM
That is a nice one, Jules! In fact, it's one of the splendid works of comics pro Andy Price!

I bet you've seen several of the spanking cartoons he's done floating around the Web:

Spider-Man strapping Mary Jane with a bit of web out on their balcony--
Indiana Jones out in the desert whapping "Tomb Raider" Lara Croft--
Catwoman spanking Batgirl on the bed---
The Batwoman of the '50s spanking her Batgirl while the '60s Batgirl stands in the corner--
Wonder Woman in a straight-back chair spanking Wonder Girl--
Storm of the X-Men spanking Wonder Woman with a lightning-charged hairbrush-- etc., etc., etc.

Andy's even done an "Archie" pastiche, with Principal Mr. Weatherby paddling Betty and Veronica while Archie and Jughead peer in the window!

I don't see much of his spanking art at his new website, but there is still a lot to look at his website Andy Price Art.!
January 27, 2009 12:59PM
LMN,

That's a wonderful Batman picture. Such great colours and a terrifically cute and expressive batgirl!

Karl Friedrich Gauss
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login